Bathroom renovations can be pricey. The cost of new fixtures, cabinets, and flooring can quickly add up. When you’re planning your remodel, freestanding bathtubs may seem like a luxury item. However, you may not know it but freestanding baths are actually the way to go. They’re more affordable than tubs that attach to the wall and they give you more space to work with. Bathroom renovations can be expensive. You may be able to save money by doing some of the work yourself, like replacing your bathtub. However, you’ll get the most bang for your buck by replacing your old tub with a freestanding one. Here’s why you should choose one, along with the best freestanding bathtub options available.
What is a freestanding bathtub?
A freestanding bathtub is a bathtub that is not built into a wall. They are usually tubs that are either built onto a platform or have a stand on their own. They can either be filled with water or be filled with a water-softening salt mix and sit outside (usually on a patio or deck).
This type of tub is often referred to as an in-ground tub. There are two main types of freestanding tubs: fiberglass and acrylic. Fiberglass is heavier and less expensive than acrylic. However, acrylic is more durable and can withstand outdoor elements better.
Why you should choose a freestanding bathtub
There are several reasons why you should choose a freestanding bathtub. For one, they are more affordable than tubs that attach to the wall. You can save up to 50% on your bathroom renovation costs by replacing your tub with a freestanding one. Additionally, you’ll get more space in your bathroom with a freestanding tub. This means you’ll have more room for storage. You’ll also have less of a chance of damaging your home by removing a wall.
The best freestanding bathtub
There are many different types of freestanding bathtubs, so it can be hard to choose the best one for your needs. However, we’ve narrowed down the list to the top 3 best freestanding bathtubs available.
- WOODBRIDGE has worked diligently in manufacturing & distributing the top quality of kitchen and bathroom products since 2005. Our products include bathtubs, toilets, bidets, Shower base , Wall panel, vanities , Faucet . Continue to provide the best quality products , stay ahead of our peers in developing new products to accommodate the needs of customers has been our ultimate goal.One of the best in contemporary styling and functionality. Available in a full sizes of batQuality Construction with Elegant Design. htubs. frequency buy with WOODBRIDGE Freestanding bathtub faucet.
- Neat Step No. 2 Rated Best For Small Bathrooms Good Storage Space Bad Customer Service Summary The Neat Step No. 2 is the best choice for smaller bathrooms. It’s a drop-in tub, so it doesn’t require a pedestal sink. It has good water pressure and features a modern design. However, the tub is smaller than other options, so it may not fit in all bathrooms. $189.95 from Home Depot Check Price
- KOHLER K-TUB 22417 Rating Best For Bathrooms With Little Space Bad Storage Space Good Customer Service Summary If you have a smaller bathroom and limited storage space, the KOHLER K-TUB 22417 is a great pick. This drop-in tub doesn’t require a pedestal sink, so it saves space in your bathroom. It has a classic design and is super affordable, making it a great choice for those on a budget. $1,156.23 from Home Depot Check Price
How to choose a freestanding bathtub
There are a few key factors to keep in mind when selecting a freestanding bathtub. They include design, size, and safety.
Design – Every design has its perks. For example, a drop-in design lets you remove it when you’re done using it, making it easier to clean. A corner design gives you extra space for your feet.
- Every design has its perks. For example, a drop-in design lets you remove it when you’re done using it, making it easier to clean. A corner design gives you extra space for your feet. Size – The size of the bathtub is important. If you’re going with a smaller tub, you may need to get creative with your storage options. Look for toilet roll stands, baskets, or shelves to organize your toiletries.
- The size of the bathtub is important. If you’re going with a smaller tub, you may need to get creative with your storage options. Look for toilet roll stands, baskets, or shelves to organize your toiletries. Safety – While most freestanding tubs are safe, there are some models that should be treated with extra care. For example, if you have children, you should definitely look out for models with safety features like water stoppers, built-in handles, and overflow protection.
Buying guide for the best freestanding bathtubs
If you’re shopping for a new freestanding bathtub, you’ll want to be aware of some key things to keep in mind.
Price – All things considered, freestanding bathtubs are cheaper than other options. However, this does not mean you should sacrifice safety or quality for price. Make sure to carefully examine the tub before buying.
- All things considered, freestanding bathtubs are cheaper than other options. However, this does not mean you should sacrifice safety or quality for price. Make sure to carefully examine the tub before buying. Construction – While most tubs are safe, some are less safe than others. Pay attention to the construction of the tub to ensure it’s sturdy enough to support your weight.
- While most tubs are safe, some are less safe than others. Pay attention to the construction of the tub to ensure it’s sturdy enough to support your weight. Water pressure – Be aware of the water pressure that comes out of the tap. Make sure it’s strong enough to support your weight.
- Be aware of the water pressure that comes out of the tap. Make sure it’s strong enough to support your weight. Warranty – Always check the warranty of the freestanding tub you plan to buy. This will tell you how long you get to enjoy the peace of mind that comes with having a warranty.
Final Words: Is a Freestanding Tub Right for You?
Freestanding bathtubs offer a lot of benefits, both practical and aesthetic. They are often less expensive and require less work than tubs that attach to the wall. Additionally, they give you more space in your bathroom and allow you to get rid of walls. When you’re looking for the best freestanding bathtub, you have plenty of options.
However, there are some downsides to consider as well. The size of the tub is important. Make sure it will comfortably fit in your bathroom without taking up too much space. Additionally, make sure the design and construction of the tub are up to snuff.