Turn your Mac user profile into an animated memoji
As for the requirements, Memoji supports all Macs running macOS Monterey or higher. So as long as you rock the latest version of macOS, you can use this brand new feature. Yes, there is no hardware restriction. Let’s see the steps to set an animated Memoji as your Mac user’s profile picture on the lock screen.
1. Click on the first Apple menu icon in the upper left corner of the screen and select System settings from the drop down menu.
2. Well, click on your profile photo at the top left of the “System Preferences” window.
Alternatively, select “Users & groups“In the system settings, select the current user in the left sidebar and move the mouse pointer over your current profile photo. Then click on “to edit“To change your existing user profile picture with an animated memoji on your Mac.
4. After that, make sure you have that Memoji option in the left sidebar and click on one of the existing memojis. You can also create a new Memoji from scratch if you want. To do that, click the “+” button in the right area.
5. Choose a memoji. out and personalize it with a variety of functions including skin, hairstyle, eyes, facial hair, headwear, clothing and more. When you are happy with the way your Memoji looks, click “Ready” at the bottom right corner of the screen.
6. After you have selected an animated Memoji, click on “Save on computer“To save the change to the Mac user’s profile picture. Before you do that, be sure to check out what the Memoji looks like on the lock screen at the bottom of the left sidebar.
7. And there you have it! Your animated Memoji user profile is now ready to greet you to the Mac lock screen. To check what it looks like on the lock screen, click the Apple menu icon in the upper right corner of the screen. Then choose Lock screen.
note: In some cases, you may need to restart your Mac (Apple menu -> restart) for the newly created Mac user profile to take effect.
Make animated memoji your user profile in macOS Monterey or higher
Here’s how you can add some fun elements to your Mac user profile with Apple’s Memojis. While it’s not a headline feature like Quick Notes, Digital Legacy, or iCloud Account Recovery, it’s certainly a worthy inclusion in the latest version of macOS. Especially for people who prefer to have more individuality in their hands. Do you still find the animated Memoji user profile interesting? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.