We’ve included best practices in this guide for removing Bing search results from the Windows 11 Start menu. We mentioned two methods here. If the registration method doesn’t work, you can use the Group Policy Editor method. You can expand the table below and go to any section you want.
Use Registry Editor to turn off Windows 11 Bing Search Results
1. First press the Windows key and enter “regedit“. Now open the registry editor. Alternatively, you can use the Windows 11 keyboard shortcut “Win + R” to open the “Run” dialog box and type “regedit” to access the registry editor.
2. Next, copy the path below and paste it in the address bar of Regedit.
3. Now click with the right mouse button on “Windows” in the Life Sidebar and create a new “button“.
4th Rename the key to
5. Next, switch to the Explorer button and right-click the empty space in the right pane. Here select New -> DWORD (32-bit) Worth. This DWORD value will help you remove Bing Search from the Windows 11 Start menu.
6th Rename the new entry to
7. Now open it and change the “Measured value” to
8. Finally Restart your PC, and you’ll find that Bing search results no longer appear on the Windows 11 Start menu.
Remove Bing search results from Windows 11 using Group Policy Editor
If the above method didn’t work for you, you can still disable Bing Search from the Windows 11 Start menu using the Group Policy Editor. Here’s how to do it.
1. Press the Windows Key and search for “Group Policy”. Now open “Edit group policy“. If you are using Windows 11 Home, you will need to manually enable the Group Policy Editor in the Home Edition.
2. Next, open “Administrative Templates” under “User configuration“And switch to Windows Components -> File Explorer in the left pane.
3. In the right pane, look for the setting that starts with “Deactivate display of the last search Entries in the search field of the file explorer “to remove the Bing search from the Windows 11 start menu.
4. Open it and select the “Allows”Radio button for this setting. Now click on “OK” and restart your Windows 11 computer.
5. This time, you cannot find any Bing web search results on the Windows 11 Start menu.
Turn off “Search the web” results from the Windows 11 Start menu
Here’s how you can completely remove Bing Search from the Windows 11 Start menu and turn off web search results. Whenever I set up a new PC, I always do this process to keep Windows 11 fast and responsive. I don’t want Microsoft to mess with my local search, and this tutorial eliminates Bing search and prioritizes local search in the Windows 11 Start menu. At least that’s all of us. If you want to permanently disable Windows 10/11 updates, follow our linked instructions. And if you have any questions, let us know in the comments section below.