Getting verified on Snapchat means that you are a big problem on the platform. Once verified, there will be a gold star next to your name. You can use this amazing addition to advertise your company or brand. But how is it verified on Snapchat? Do you need to be a celebrity? Find out everything you need to know about getting verified on Snapchat in the guide below.
How to get a verified Snapchat star
Getting a Snapchat star means that Snapchat has verified your account. So instead of being a regular Snapchat user, you become an essential content creator.
But there are a few criteria you must meet to earn a verified star. For example, your Snapchat stories should be engaging and unique. The content you create should be interesting enough for many Snapchat users to see and recognize. To get noticed, you have to use your imagination and apply different filters and add text and emojis to make your content more exciting.
Please note that the material must be appropriate. Posting offensive content to get attention will not earn you a verified star. Instead of, You run the risk of your Snapchat account being banned.
You can also make use of Lens Studio. It is available for macOS 10.13+ and Windows 10 (64-bit) users. With it, you can add some exciting 3D effects. There are different tutorials available on YouTube, so be sure to check them out. You can also create custom lenses in Lens Studio, which could help you earn a verified star.
Another thing you can do is take advantage of the “Shoutout for Shoutout” option. You can use it to ask other Snapchat users to mention you in their stories and get their followers to follow you.
What’s more, be sure to engage with your followers. After all, they will be the one responsible for getting you verified. For example, create polls, shoot live videos so your followers can get a real-time view of your life, etc.
When Snapchat realizes that you are getting attention, it will contact you and verify you automatically.
How to get verified on Snapchat without being famous
It’s relatively easy to get verified on Snapchat when you’re a celebrity. But what can you do if you meet the requirements mentioned above and still don’t get a verified star? Some users have contacted Snapchat directly and complained about other people duplicating their content. Surprisingly, this information provided them with a verified star. So this is what you should do:
- Opened “Snapchat” on your phone.
- Login to your account.
- Click on your “profile” in the upper left corner of the screen. This will open the “Settings” page.
- Then hit “Settings” at the top right of the screen. It looks like a gear icon.
- Scroll down to “Support” and you will see “I need help.”
- Tap on “Contact Us.”
- Now in various options choose “My Snapchat is not working.”
- Then, you will have to select “Other.”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and press “Yes.”
- You will see a question asking you to describe your problem. Click on “My problem is not on the list.”
- Remember that the account you are using must have some views. If not, they won’t verify you even though you’ve complained that other people duplicated the account. Once you follow all the steps, you will see a new page open.
- Fill in your account details. Include the “Username,” “E-mail,” “mobile device,” and describe when you started having the problem.
- You will also need to share additional information. In this section, explain what other people are trying to impersonate you and explain how getting a verified star will help protect your account and get the views and attention you deserve.
- Under “Attachment”, add your “ID.” This will help Snapchat to recognize you as a real person. Snapchat needs to know that it is not a fake account or a copycat trying to eliminate the competition by gaining more followers.
- It may take a couple of days before Snapchat contacts you. When they do, hopefully they will send you an email telling you the good news that your account has been verified.
When you get verified, you will get many advantages. For example, you will be able to add a custom Snapchat icon. The bio section will allow you to use up to 150 characters. Use it to share who you are and what you do. Doing so could potentially attract new followers.
Finally, getting verified means that you will be able to log into Snapchat using multiple devices. You could post a story from your computer while sharing an image from your phone.
How many views does Snapchat need to be verified?
It is also possible to check if your stories reach 50,000 visits. But nevertheless, Snapchat users must see their entire story for it to count as a single view.. At the moment, it’s unclear how many of your stories will need 50,000 views for Snapchat to verify.
Finally, it is possible to get verified on Snapchat even if you are not a celebrity. However, your stories must have a certain number of views and the content you post must be engaging. You can also ask Snapchat to verify the account by telling its support staff that other profiles have duplicated their content.