Kindle Fire and Snapchat sound like a match made in heaven. The Amazon device has a huge screen and a great resolution. To top it off, it also has a high definition camera that can provide great snapshots.
Since Amazon’s Fire OS is just a branch of the Android system, Snapchat should work flawlessly on Kindle Fire. But there is a problem: there is no Snapchat in the Amazon app store.
If you really want to install Snapchat on your Kindle Fire, there is a way to do it. However, you will need to download it outside of the Appstore. Read on to find out how.
First step: allow the installation of unknown applications
Since you cannot download Snapchat in the easiest way, you will need to “download” the applications. Side downloading consists of installing the applications on a compatible device without using the official application store.
By default, Amazon does not allow you to install third-party applications, so you will need to manually disable this security measure. This is what you should do:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the quick access bar.
- Tap on the Settings button to the right of the bar.
- Go Device (or Security in some versions)
- Find the Allow installation of apps from unknown sources option.
- Activate the option (or tap the About button beside)
This will allow you to install most Android compatible applications on your Fire OS, even if they are not in the Amazon Appstore. The next section will explain how.
Step two: Snapchat side download
When you enable downloading of apps from unknown sources, you can find and download the Snapchat APK file (installation file for Android-based systems) from any website on the internet.
However, since there are a large number of these websites available, you should always check if the website is legitimate. This article will use the proven SideLoadKindleFire website as an example, but feel free to choose yours.
To download Snapchat, follow these instructions:
- Launch the Silk browser on your Kindle Fire.
- Go to the mentioned website.
- Tap on the Snapchat tab at the top of the website.
- Scroll down until you find the download link. It is below the Download the Snapchat installation file section.
- Tap the download link.
- press the Download on the next page.
- printing okay when prompted to confirm the installation.
Wait for the download to finish and you can proceed to install the app.
Third step: install the application and enjoy
If you’ve done everything correctly, the APK file should be in your Downloads folder. Do the following:
- Open the Silk browser.
- Tap on the Plus (three horizontal lines) at the top left of the screen.
- Go to the downloads menu.
- Select the Snapchat APK from the download list.
- printing Install on pc When prompted.
- Wait for the application to install. You should receive a confirmation once the process is complete.
- Tap Opened if you want to start the application immediately. Otherwise, press Done.
When you open the app, it should look the same as it does on an Android smartphone or tablet. The application icon will appear in the application menu and you will be able to log into your account immediately. From there, you can start taking photos, messaging your friends, and using the app as you normally would.
Install Snapchat via Google Play Store
If you are having trouble with Snapchat after following the steps above, please install Google Play Store and then download / install it.
- Open Silk browser and search and download / install Google Services Framework APK, Google Play Services APK, Google Account Manager APK and Google Play Store APK.
- Now, open the newly created Google Play Store app.
- Look for “SnapchatAnd then install it.
- Open Snapchat and enjoy.
Downloading Snapchat through the Google Play Store should alleviate any issues you may be experiencing.
Not all sources are reliable
Before venturing to download Frenzy, keep in mind that not all websites and APK files are safe. There are many cybercriminals looking to abuse people’s willingness to search for applications outside of the Appstore.
Many APK files can contain malicious software that can cause varying degrees of damage. For example, it can slow down your system to the point of rendering it unusable, deleting your files, or even stealing your data. If you don’t have the proper protection software, cybercriminals can use your identity for illegal activities.
The best way to approach side discharge is to always have antivirus software installed. This way, you will be able to avoid intruders if they can still evade detection.
Side loading or waiting
Side-downloading is a great way to add apps and games to your Kindle Fire that might not otherwise be available. Many users download to be able to play games like Clash of Clans or use Instagram on this device.
On the other hand, some Android applications that were previously not available in the Appstore have started to appear slowly. With new apps arriving every day, Snapchat may even hit the Appstore sooner rather than later.
What applications would you download on your Kindle Fire? Do you know reliable sites to download its APK? Share them in the comment section below.