The startup sound has always been an iconic element in operating systems for quickly identifying the operating system version. After teasing the arrival of a new startup sound with a slo-fi remix of all Windows startup sounds to date, Microsoft decided to bring the startup sound back in Windows 11. If you haven’t heard it before, listen to the comforting and brief novelty of Windows 11 startup sound right here. If you don’t like this sound or you prefer to silently wake up his PC instead, here’s how to turn off the startup sound in Windows 11.
Disable the startup sound in Windows 11 (2022)
We have included three methods to mute the startup sound in Windows 11. Needless to say, the easiest way to disable the Windows 11 startup sound is through the Settings app. However, let’s get to the steps involved in doing this.
Disable the Windows 11 startup sound in the sound settings
- Open the Settings app with the Windows 11 keyboard shortcut “Win + I”, Switch to the tab “Personalization” in the left sidebarand choose Themes.
2. On the Theme Settings screen, click Sounds.
3. When the Sound dialog box opens, Deactivate “Play Windows startup sound” Opportunity. Windows 11 no longer plays the new startup sound when you turn on the computer.
Stop the Windows 11 startup sound from Group Policy Editor
Another way to disable the Windows 11 startup sound is through the Group Policy Editor. While the Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is available by default in the Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions of Windows 11, you can enable the Group Policy Editor in Windows 11 Home Edition from our linked guide. With that said, do the following:
- Press the Windows key, type “run” and click “open” in the search results.
2. When the Run box appears, Enter “gpedit.msc” and click OK.
3. Now navigate to the following path and Double click on “Disable Windows Startup Sound” in the right area.
Computer ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesSystemLogon
4. In the pop-up window that appears Select “Enabled” and click “OK” or “Apply” to confirm the changes. When you’ve done this, restart your PC and you will no longer hear the Windows 11 startup sound.
Disable the Windows 11 startup sound in the registry editor
1. Press the Windows key, enter “regedit” in Windows search and click “Open”.
2. Navigate to the path and shown below double click on “DisableStartupSound” in the right area.
3. The value data are set to “1” by default. Change it to “0”, click OK and restart your computer to start your Windows 11 system in the background.
Easily mute the startup sound in Windows 11
While most Windows fans will appreciate the revival of the startup sound in Windows 11, you can turn it off in case it bothers you or disrupts your workflow. For more tips, check out our article on the Best Windows 11 Settings You Should Change for a Better Experience. You can also make Windows 11 faster and faster by following the steps in our linked guide. Anyway, if you have any questions, let us know in the comments section below.