The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO), which manages the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF), has made it easier for employees to change their account passwords. It is important to note that in order to change the password, employees need to be registered users of EPFO’s portal and should have a UAN. Also, employees can login password online. In case you have forgotten your EPF login password, you can reset your password by various methods today. We are going to learn some of them. Let’s know how you can change EPFO password without any hassle.
How Can you change your EPFO forgotten password:
It is critical that no one loses their UAN or member portal login credentials. If you have forgotten your UAN login password, here is a step-by-step instruction to changing or resetting your password and regaining access to your account.
Step 1: Visit EPFO’s unified member portal
To change your password, you will first need to visit EPFO’s unified member portal, epf.gov.in. You will be redirected to another page where you will be asked to enter your username and captcha code. Once this is done, an OTP (One Time Password) will be sent on your registered mobile number. Enter it in the space provided and click on “Set Password” tab at the bottom of the page.
Step 2: Click on forgot password as you will be redirected to a new page
- Click on forgot password as you will be redirected to a new page
- Enter your username and captcha code
- OTP will be sent to your mobile number
- Enter OTP and new password
- Click on ‘set password’ tab
Step 3: Enter your username and captcha code
Now, enter your username and captcha code. Your EPFO Username is the same as your email id. The Captcha Code is a random set of numbers and letters which will be displayed on screen to ensure that you are a human and not a bot.
Step 4: An OTP will be sent on your mobile registered with EPFO
After you have registered for the OTP, an OTP will be sent to your mobile number.
In case you have not enrolled for a UAN and have enrolled for the OTP only, the same can be done from your mobile phone by sending SMS ‘PASSWORD’ to 1950. Alternatively, you can also call on 139 in case you do not want to use your mobile handsets.
It is important to note that if someone tries hacking into EPFO’s database through a computer or laptop then they would need an internet connection as well as an active SIM card on their device. So, if these conditions are met by any hacker then they could easily change their password using this method.
Step 5: Enter the OTP and new password and click on ‘Set Password’ tab
You will now be redirected to the EPFO login page. You need to enter your username and password, as well as OTP in order to log in.
- Enter the New Password
- Click on ‘Set Password’ button
- Click on ‘Continue’ button if you have not saved your information yet and want to save it now or click on ‘New Registration’ tab if you have already registered with EPFO but are not logged in yet. If an employee has already registered with EPFO, then he/she can use their existing mobile number or ID card number for authentication purpose.
- Enter the details such as Name, Date of Birth (DOB),Gender along with Mobile Number / Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) Number / National Population Register (NPR) Number into a box given at the bottom left corner and click on “Submit” button beside each field so that your details get saved correctly into e-Portal database.
This is the right time to change your password if your EPFO login forgot password isn’t working in a while. If you are unable to remember the current password, then visit the EPFO member portal and click on ‘forgot password’ link. Follow the instructions given above and you will be able to successfully change your EPFO password.
Hope this article helps!