One of the coolest features of Instagram Stories is the inclusion of music stickers, allowing you to attach snippets of your favorite songs to your story with just a few quick steps.
Snapchat has recently added a similar feature and with a little creativity, you can add songs to your snapshots and even link to Spotify to share the music you love with your friends. Here’s how to do it:
Add Music to Your Snapchat Photos and Videos
- Open Snapchat and navigate to the camera screen.
- Tap on the “Music label” (musical note) at the far right of the screen.
- A drop-down menu will appear with options for genres and recommended songs. Select one or search for the song you prefer.
- You will now have a slider above the record button that allows you to select which part of the song you would like to include in your plugin.
- Take a photo or record a video and the song will play as you do so. After finishing, there will be a small sticker with the name of the artist and the song that can be repositioned wherever you want.
This method can also be used with Snaps that have already been recorded, so don’t worry if you forgot to add the music beforehand. Just follow the same steps above to add music to a Snap that has already been recorded.
Share songs with Spotify
Maybe you just want to share music and not add your own personal content. Snapchat and Spotify have made this process much easier. Just follow these steps:
- Launch Spotify on your phone and select the song you are listening to.
- Touch the three vertical lines in the upper right corner.
- Please select “Share.”
- Tap on “Snapchat” and your song will appear with the album cover.
- You can continue from here to post as you would any other Snap.
Besides the fact that music is a great way to express yourself or introduce a friend to something you love, you can add stickers, text, and other features to your Spotify Snap before sharing.
Background music will make your Snaps cooler and give a whole new dimension to your individual and group chats. Use the methods in this article to add a soundtrack to your snapshots like a pro. If you’re interested in learning more Snapchat tips and tricks, check out our article on 5 Extremely Useful Snapchat Tips and Tricks.
Do you have any experience or questions related to adding music to your Snaps? Are you excited about the new update to add music to your Snaps? Let us know in the comment section below.