The calorie content of red currant per 100 g of the product is 43 kcal, black – 63 kcal. The blackberry is sweeter, juicier, fewer seeds. Blackcurrant is the leader in the content of vitamin C, red has more A. Blackberries are used for making desserts, and red – for drinks. According to the medicinal properties, the effects on the body of the berries are identical. Read about low fiber smoothies.
With moderate use of currants, there are no negative consequences for the body. It is strictly forbidden to eat berries with individual intolerance. Manifested by rashes on the skin, and indigestion.
It is not recommended to eat with:
- gastritis with high acidity;
- peptic ulcer of the stomach, and intestines;
- blood clotting disorders;
- increased acidity of the stomach.
In diabetes, use in limited quantities.
Raw berries are rarely eaten because they are acidic. After harvesting, they immediately begin processing. Check more half vaulted ceiling kitchen.
- They wash, dry the berries, put them in containers, and bags, and send them to the freezer.
- Grind with sugar, roll up in jars, and store in trays in the freezer.
- They make jam, jam, compote, jelly, make fruit drinks.
- Dry in the oven.
For immediate consumption of berries, any weather, any method is suitable for harvesting. If long-term storage in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks is required, pick berries with twigs in sunny weather. Better in the morning or the evening. No need to wash it before putting it in the fridge.
Red currant is not a very popular berry because it is sour and few people know about its rich chemical composition. With proper heat treatment, taste qualities increase, and with regular use, health improves.
Red currant face masks
Fresh berries are used in home cosmetology to improve the condition of the skin.
- For dry skin, currants are mixed with sour cream and honey. Leave on the face for 20 minutes.
- For oily skin, the mask is prepared from currant juice and potato starch. The gruel is applied for 15 minutes. The mask tightens pores, cleanses, and eliminates oily sheen.
- To refresh the complexion, and relieve fatigue, soak gauze with fresh currant juice, and apply for 15 minutes on the face.
- A mask for sensitive skin is prepared from currant juice, vigor, and honey. Leave on the face for 20 minutes.
To get rid of freckles, and age spots, rub unfavorable places with juice. To get rid of acne, wipe the face with a decoction of dry years. Currant mask improves complexion, tones, refreshes, eliminates oily sheen, and cleans pores.
“We have a red currant called porichka. A very beautiful berry. Shimmers brightly in the sun. We do not eat it raw, because it is sour. It turns out very tasty compote, fruit drink, raw jam, jelly. The plant does not require special care. We have neat bushes growing along the entire garden.
“Red currant juice goes well with raspberries, strawberries. A wonderful summer drink. The berry looks beautiful, very healthy, it doesn’t taste very good, if without sugar. ”
“From leaves, twigs we prepare fragrant, healthy tea all winter. With colds, it helps to reduce the temperature, sore throat listens. Helps with coughing. From berries we prepare compote, jelly, raw jam.