When you are looking for bathroom countertops Point Pleasant Beach you will want to find something that suits the decor you already have or that suits what you are changing the bathroom to. There are so many different designs, looks, colours and materials to choose from. Think about not just something that looks great but also that is durable, waterproof and safe. Here are some style ideas and things to keep in mind as you look around.
Style ideas for bathroom countertops
There are a lot of different styles you can choose from nowadays, here are three of them but there are a lot more if these are not to your taste.
- Contemporary – These bathrooms often have white stone and marble and then have sleek lines, a modern shower, a modern shaped sink and toilet, and heated flooring.
- Traditional or past – You will have porcelain and marble, gold or copper rather than silver fittings and a traditional-looking bathtub.
- Country – Bathroom countertops Manahawkin in a country style would likely be granite or marble and then have additional things like flowers in vases or dried flowers, a thick bath rug, soap holder, and warm colours on the walls.
Things to keep in mind when choosing countertops
Here are 5 things to think about as you go about looking for new countertops.
- What style are you looking for? If you are changing the look completely then what style are you considering? Is there a theme you are looking to create or a certain colour combination or look?
- How much money do you have to spend? Your budget is going to have a big impact on what you can have in your new bathroom. Marble bathroom countertops Point Pleasant Beach are more expensive, granite is more affordable and durable. Both are on the higher end of what countertops cost though, you can get options that are a lot cheaper.
- Are you looking for long durability? If natural stone is what you want granite has a much longer lifespan than marble and does not scratch as easily or need as much care.
- What colour do you prefer? The colour of your countertops needs to complement the colour of the rest of the room.
- How hard is it to look after? As mentioned marble needs care and attention, it damages more easily because it is softer, and it stains more easily because it is porous. If you want something less hard work choose granite. Both will need sealing on a regular basis though.
How to look after and clean your bathroom countertops
Marble countertops need to be cleaned and handled more carefully. If something spills you need to use a paper towel to soak it up, then warm water with mild soap or a marble cleaner and then a soft cloth to wipe and dry. You cannot leave a spill to handle later. Granite bathroom countertops Manahawkin do not need as much attention, you can use a cleaner on them but nothing harsh like bleach. Also, wipe it down with a soft cloth after.